Elect long-time community activist Nikki to tackle Oakland’s illegal dumping, homeless and community policing issues. As a working mother, Nikki is dedicated to keeping Oakland families in their hometown and ensuring future generations have opportunities in Oakland.
Nikki has proven that she can get things done for our communities.
As a community leader, Nikki has:
- Raised Oakland’s minimum wage with paid sick leave by passing Measure FF which won with 81% voter support.
- Brought City government and developers to the table with community groups to secure a ground-breaking good jobs policy for the Oakland Army Base redevelopment, which is putting Oaklanders to work and exceeding its 50% local hire goal.
- Has fought to close loopholes, and to strengthen and enforce tenant protections to put a stop to unjust evictions and illegal rent hikes.
- Partnering with neighborhood and environmental groups on a Port of Oakland Clean Trucks Program to reduce diesel emissions and create healthier neighborhoods.
- Stood up to the powerful downtown lobbyists on behalf of residents.